Jarrah Geographe Decking Perth WA
Environmentally sustainable “premium decking” produced by value adding from shorter length, higher grade material to create a very stable product of consistent high quality, manufactured in WA.
Jarrah is sourced from WA Government controlled and managed forest’s and manufactured right here in WA’s South West region.
Standard & better grade face, back allow’s more characteristics
Finger jointed engineered product designed to perform in external applications
Strength performance has been independently tested
5 year limited warranty
Can be used in both decking and screening applications
- Modern water based polymer ‘A” bond glue, formaldehyde free, non toxic.
Get a Quote or Enquire
We can save you time and money by delivering directly to your worksite.
With our fully equipped warehouse, we always have the stock available so you can get on with your job.
important installation considerations.
To ensure you get the longest life possible from your Geographe Jarrah decking product, it is important to prepare, install and maintain the timber correctly to reduce moisture absorption, discolouration and to keep the decking looking great.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
- Ensure sub-structure has been constructed in accordance with all relevant building codes and regulations
- Ensure adequate ventilation between the deck and the ground with a minimum ground clearance of 300mm
- The ground beneath the deck should be graded away from adjacent buildings to facilitate good drainage
- Avoid boxing in the deck with solid structures
- Good air flow around and underneath the deck is required to enable the deck to stay dry
- Prior to use store decking in a dry area, supported by level bearers out of sunlight and rain
- When moving Geographe Jarrah decking ensure the product is always carried on its edge.
INSTALLATION & FIXING
- We recommend top fixing with screws – Stainless Steel 50mm x 10G. For ease of application use compatible drill bit to counter sink and pre-drill hole in one. We do not recommend nailing.
- Boards should be spaced a minimum 5mm from each other to allow for expansion and contraction of the timber
- Geographe decking has a face and a back, face is premium quality and has been sanded to give a slightly smoother finish compared to the back. Take care to install all face up
- Maximum span for Geographe Jarrah decking in a residential application is 450mm
- If decking is built adjacent to a wall/house a minimum of 10mm clearance is recommended
- Geographe Jarrah boards are factory pre-coated all round with one coat of a sealer for initial protection
- During installation you must apply oil/sealer to any cut ends
- Immediately following installation we recommend a further 2 coats to provide optimal protection.
- All timber decking requires the regular use of a high quality decking oil, we recommend Intergrain Ultradeck or Intergrain Natures Timber Oil. These are both compatible products that will act as a protective coating and with regular maintenance it will slow down the rate of moisture uptake/loss, to reduce expansion/contraction and loss of colour
- Recoat your deck on a regular basis – exposed areas will need to be coated more regularly
• Wash down the surface of the deck prior to re-oiling to remove dirt – use a high quality product that contains a blend of cleansers, brighteners and sterilising agents
- Recoating is best done during warmer & dryer weather.
Download product range price list
We are located in Landsdale, we can deliver anywhere in Western Australia including the South West, Northern WA, Perth, Welshpool, Mandurah, Rockingham, Yanchep and even further.